Here’s another example of problem statement that can develop into an IoT project – Smart Agriculture. First, we have to verify the pain points.
Problem Statement (Hypothesis)
- Who is attending the farms?
- What are the farm soil nutrient and wetness level?
- What is the weather condition?
- When does the farm need more fertilizers?
- How to increase yields?
- How to detect food contamination?
- How to coordinate farm logistics?
- Why is the farm producing less crop?
- Why is the food contaminated?
- Weather sensors
- Soil sensors
- Weather station forecast
- Farms and Vehicles
- Network infrastructure (Wifi, 3G)
- Visualization dashboard
- IoT Middleware – FAVORIOT
- How-To Develop Smart River Monitoring
- How-To Develop Smart Garbage Collection
- How-To Develop Smart Flood Monitoring System
- How-To Develop Smart Agriculture Solutions
The Beginner Plan is very suitable for University students who have been assigned or chose IoT project as their Final Year Project. A single device such as Raspberry Pi or Arduino that collects from several connected sensors can stream to the IoT platform. A simple dashboard is provided to visualize the measurements. This plan is also suitable for an individual developer or hobbyist that would like to familiarize with IoT platform, conduct self-learning or participate in IoT Hackathons. At RM 8.33 (or less than USD 2.00) per month, you can become the next Generation-IoT and on your way to be one of the rare talents in the job market today!
The Startup Plan is perfect for Freelancers or SMEs or Startups to provide IoT solution for a medium size project up to 150 devices. In fact, they can also create multiple projects or applications but limited to the total number of 150 devices.
The Business Plan is great for developing big commercial IoT project. It can support up to 300 devices for many smart applications. However, if a company requires connecting thousands of devices, they may contact/email their customised requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org