Unlocking the Potential of IoT: How Favoriot’s Platform and IoT Kits Can Transform EducationMarch 23rd, 2023 Posted by favoriotadmin BLOG, HOW-TO, Internet of Things, IOT PLATFORM, PARTNER, TIPS 0 thoughts on “Unlocking the Potential of IoT: How Favoriot’s Platform and IoT Kits Can Transform Education”
Favoriot, a leading IoT platform provider, offers a subscription service that enables individuals and businesses to build and manage IoT projects quickly. But how can universities benefit from using an IoT kit in teaching, learning, and developing IoT projects?
An IoT kit can benefit universities and their students, including hands-on learning and accessibility to affordable components. Additionally, it can prepare students for a career in IoT, a rapidly growing field with high demand for skilled professionals.
Incorporating IoT into the curriculum can help universities stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies. Furthermore, using Favoriot’s platform with an IoT kit can provide a comprehensive and effective solution for teaching, learning, and developing IoT projects.
Favoriot’s platform offers many features, including real-time data visualization, data analytics, and data management, making it easier for students and professors to manage and analyze their IoT projects. The platform is also user-friendly, with an intuitive interface allowing even beginners to learn and use it quickly.
In conclusion, using an IoT kit and Favoriot’s platform can provide a powerful tool for teaching, learning, and developing university IoT projects. It can make learning IoT more accessible and affordable, provide hands-on experience with the latest IoT technologies and tools, and help universities stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in the field of technology. By incorporating this technology into their curriculum, universities can prepare students for a successful career in this exciting and rapidly growing field.
How to Subscribe FAVORIOT Bundle Plan
- Go to – Favoriot Subscription Page
- Click Sign Up Here.
- Enter profile details
- Choose the Bundle Plan as shown below and click Submit.
- Enter your details (including delivery address) and make payment.
Hibiscus Sense – The IoT Kit
The Hibiscus Sense is an Internet of Things (IoT) development board powered by the mighty and popular dual-core ESP32 microcontroller, embedded with 3 sensors (APDS9960, BME280 & MPU6050) and 2 actuators (Buzzer & LED / RGB LED), makes it easy for you to kick start your awesome IoT project. Since the microcontroller is the mighty ESP32, this development board is compatible to be programmed using tools such as Arduino IDE (for Arduino programming language), Thonny IDE (Micropython programming language) or ESP-IDF (C, C++ programming language), simply use the latest USB Type-C to program the microcontroller, which has built-in USB-to-Serial converter (Silicon Labs CP2104) with automatic bootloader reset, so you don’t have to press the RESET button each time to upload the program into the microcontroller.
The ESP32 microcontroller comes with 4 MB of SPI Flash running at 240MHz, support both WiFi and BLE connectivity and also the ESP-NOW protocols, which develop by Espressif for low-power 2.4GHz wireless connectivity. The variety of connectivity gives you the freedom and flexibility to develop wireless sensor platform using Hibiscus Sense to be connected to other wireless connectivity such as the BLE on your smartphone, to visualise the data on the mobile app. It’s indeed perfect for your wireless or IoT projects.
Hibiscus sense comes with pre-assembled header makes it easy for you to plug the board on top of the breadboard or on the female header on your DIY PCB projects. There are plenty open GPIOs for you to work with digital inputs and outputs, analog inputs and outputs and multiple extra peripherals, such as UART the RX/TX, I2C and SPI.
Hibiscus Sense is the best board for those who work out for data science and data exploration, as it can easily generate real-time data from rich profusion of sensors on board. The sensors, enables you to sense the physical movement and environment around the board, which total of 13 parameters can be measured:
- APDS9960 – An environment sensor, which sense proximity, colour and gesture.
- MPU6050 – 6 Degree of Freedom (DoF) IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit), the accelerometer and gyroscope.
- BME280 – An environment sensor, which measure the altitude, barometric pressure, humidity and temperature.
- ESP32 running at 240MHz
- 4MB SPI flash and 520 KB SRAM
- USB Type-C with Silicon Labs CP2014 USB-to-Serial converter with automatic bootloader reset.
- Integrated WiFi, Bluetooth and ESP-NOW wireless protocols
- FCC / CE / IC & others certified module
- RESET and GPIO 0 pushbuttons
- 25 GPIOs, including ADC, DAC, UART, I2C and SPI
- Blue LED connected to ESP32 GPIO2
- RGB LED connected to ESP32 GPIO16
- Buzzer connected to ESP32 GPIO13
- APDS9960, BME280 and MPU6050 connected to ESP32 I2C
- Board measurement including header in mm – 58.7 x 27 x 13.3 (length x width x height)
- Package measurement in mm: 71.8 x 35.5 x 20.4 (length x width x height)
The comprehensive tutorial for Hibiscus Sense is provided on Github:
- ESP32 Arduino Tutorial on Github. (including Exercise with FAVORIOT)
- 1x Hibiscus Sense
- 1x USB Type C